About Blackburn Chemicals
Blackburn Chemicals is renowned for its technical expertise and excellence. These qualities are present throughout the whole of the company. All Blackburn Chemicals’ employees are dedicated to providing customers with first class products and services – something the Company has strived to achieve, and improve on, since its formation.
Quality and Technical Excellence
Specialising in foam control agents, Blackburn Chemicals dominates the market. The company exports on a worldwide basis and its trade name Dispelair is synonymous with quality and technical excellence.
The company’s philosophy is refreshingly simple. To produce the best products in the market and support this with an outstanding technical sales and customer support team. Now into its fourth decade it is a formula that clearly works.
Commited to Quality
Being an independent family owned company allows us to take long term business decisions for the benefit of our customers and not short term business decisions for the benefit of unknown shareholders.
No company can be successful without a good team spirit and Blackburn Chemicals is no exception to this rule. All members of the team attend regular company meetings, held in the staff canteen. These meetings are chaired by each employee in turn. This forward thinking approach ensures all staff are involved in shaping the company’s future. Not surprisingly staff turnover is very low.
We're proud of our heritage and invite you to look back at some of our company milestones...
- Established 1972 by George Lamb
- Decision to concentrate on Foam Control Agents
- First stage of factory built in 1975, major factory extensions 1980, 1992, 2004, 2009, 2011/12, 2014 & 2016
- One of the world’s leading manufacturers of Foam Control Agents
- Today producing over 40,000 tonnes/year of Dispelair Antifoams
- Remains an independent family owned and operated business
- John Covill became CEO in 2016
To remain an independent, family owned company. Our aim is to produce the best foam control products possible, focused and specialised in Foam Control with emphasis on technical development:
- Leverage our knowledge from different areas to improve products across all industries
- Our R&D staff work closely together with our customers
- Around 20% of our staff are active in our R&D Lab
- Cover all applications for Foam Control